279 Center Road
Monroeville, PA 15146
Phone & Fax
phone: (412) 373-3030
fax: (412) 374-1581
Contact us by email: Keri Sherwood-Woolard
Independence Court of Monroeville
Beautifully remodelled and updated, the Independence Court of Monroeville believes enhanced personal care should enhance your lifestyle. Our residents enjoy elegant settings, a wide variety of social activities and programs, good food, friends and living assistance tailored to each resident’s needs. The way we see it, our community should optimize your independence and assure peace of mind for both you and your family.
Independence Court now serves seniors who have cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Through the Along the Journey program, we are able to get to know the resident through working with the family in helping with transition and daily engagements. Our program builds on the person‘s current abilities and incorporates daily structure, fitness, physical and occupational therapy to help complete a daily routine to maintain functional abilities as long as possible. Each person‘s care plan is unique and flexible to adapt to the daily wishes and needs of the resident.
Both our Personal Care and Memory Care seniors are assessed prior to admission and regularly thereafter. Our care plans are unique to each individual and flexible enough to optimize independence.
- Center Courtyard for Relaxation and Outdoor Events
- Floral Gardens
- Cozy Living Rooms / Parlors on Every Floor
- Gracious Dining Rooms
- Library with Current Periodicals and Literature
- On-Site Beauty / Barber Shop
- Exercise Area & Card Club Area
- Life Enrichment Center / Meeting Room
- Resident Laundry Facilities
- Enhanced Personal Care & Memory Care
- Activity Van Transportation / Wheelchair Van Available
- Therapeutic Parker Tub Services
- Chef Prepared Meals Served Three Times a Day
- Snack & Beverage Services
- Cable–Ready Service Included in Each Room
- Weekly Housekeeping & Daily Fresh Linen Service
- Recreational & Social Events
- Emergency Call System
- 24–Hour Licensed Nursing & Professional Staffing
- Medication & Nutrition Management
- Daily Fitness & Exercise Classes
- Assistance with Personal Grooming & Bathing
- Room Service Due to Temporary Illness
(may incur additional costs)
- Telephone Service
- Dry Cleaning Pickup and Delivery
- Physician Appointment Services
- Arranged Transportation for Doctor Appointments & Personal Needs
- Guest Meal Service
- Catering Services for Private Parties in the Private Dining Room
- Therapy Services Available Including Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
From Pittsburgh – Take 376 East to second Monroeville Exit. At the light make a right hand turn onto Business 22 (West). At the second light make another right onto Center Road. Proceed approximately one mile to Independence Court entrance.
From Pennsylvania Turnpike (76) – Take Pittsburgh Exit 6. Immediately after exiting toll booths, take Business 22 Exit West (Monroeville) on left. At third traffic light, make a right hand turn onto Center Road. Proceed approximately one mile to Independence Court entrance on left.
From North Huntington, Irwin Area – Take Route 30 West to Route 48 North. At Business 22 junction turn left onto Business 22 (West). At the second light make another right onto Center Road. Proceed approximately one mile to Independence Court entrance.